Growing your own medicinal herbs/spices is easy and rewarding. Many believe you can heal the body naturally from many ailments just by consuming the right foods. Here's 11 of the easiest medicinal herbs/spices you can grow at home, many of them even indoors.
- Basil - Powerful antispasmodic, antiviral, anti-infectious, antibacterial, soothes stomach.
- Cayenne– Catalyst for other herbs, useful for arthritis and rheumatism (topically and internally), good for colds, flu viruses, sinus infection and sore throat, useful for headache and fever, aids organs (kidneys, heart, lungs, pancreas, spleen and stomach, increase thermogenesis for weight loss.
- Garlic – Helps fight infection, detoxifies the body, enhances immunity, lowers blood fats, assists yeast infections, helps asthma, sinusitis, circulatory problems and heart conditions.
- Chamomile – Helps stress, anxiety and insomnia, good for indigestion, useful for colitis and most digestive problems, effective blood cleanser and helps increase liver function and supports the pancreas. Improves bile flow from the liver, it is good for healing of the skin that might come from a blistering chemical agent.
- Lavender – Assists with burns, antiseptic, used as a stress reliever, good for depression, aids skin health and beauty.
- Marjoram – Anti-infectious, antibacterial, dilates blood vessels, regulates blood pressure, soothes muscles.
- Oregano – is a powerful antibiotic and has been proven to be more effective in neutralizing germs than some chemical antibiotics. It has been effective against germs like Staphylococcus aureas, Escherichia coli, Yersinia enterocolitica and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Rosemary – Antiseptic, Antibacterial, Cleansing and detoxes the body. Supports the liver and combats cirrhosis.
- Sage – Used in anxiety, nervous disorders, as astringent, in abdominal disorders, anti inflammatory.
- Spearmint – To calm the nervous system and assist with bronchial issues.
- Thyme – Thyme is one of the oldest herbs on record and is another immunity booster and cognitive aid. -Source: "ReadyNutrition.com"
IMPORTANT: These herbs can be extremely potent and SeedsNow.com does not take any responsibility for any adverse effects from the use of such seeds and/or plants. Always seek advice from a professional before growing and/or consuming seeds and/or plants for medicinal purposes.