Kale, Lacinato Tuscan (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO)
- Old Italian heirloom, rather primitive open kale with blue-green strap leaves that are 3" wide by 10-18" long.
- Also know and Tuscan or Dinosaur Kale!
- Perfect for making Kale Chips!
- The leaves of this extremely winter-hardy variety become sweeter after a hard frost or harvest leaves when young and tender.
- Delicious and tender when stir-fried or steamed.
- This variety is excellent for a Fall and Winter harvest.
Kale is considered to be a highly nutritious vegetable with powerful antioxidant properties; kale is considered to be anti-inflammatory. Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin, and reasonably rich in calcium.
Day to Maturity | 65 days
Kale Seeds | Kale can be planted pretty much anywhere in the United States where there's a cool fall growing season. Plant Kale in rows 18 inches to 2 feet apart.
Click here for complete Kale grow guide