This hard neck packs a punch! Strong, hot and full flavored, Svea is perfect for baking and is a favorite with chefs. Fat, purple streaked, easy to peel cloves per bulb. Thrives in colder climates, good storage.
• Strong, hot and full flavored
How to Plant Garlic
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. Bulbs will grow bigger and more flavorful when you plant them in the fall. Plant 6 to 8 weeks before your first hard frost. In southern areas, February or March can be a better time to plant.
Key Planting Info:
- Break apart cloves from bulb but keep the papery husk on each individual clove.
- Ensure soil is well-drained with plenty of organic matter. Plant in Full Sun.
- Plant 4 inches apart & 2 inches deep, in their upright position (the wide end down and pointed end facing up).
- Come springtime, shoots will begin to emerge.